Terms and conditions for Southern Cross Life Insurance
First two months free promotion.
1. Southern Cross Life Insurance is provided and underwritten by Chubb Life Insurance New Zealand Limited (‘Chubb Life’) and promoted and marketed by Southern Cross Insurance Services Limited (‘Southern Cross’).
2. The Promoter for this Promotion is Southern Cross.
3. The Promotion, exclusive to Southern Cross Life Insurance, is available to any eligible applicant (‘New Policyholder’) who applies for a Southern Cross Life Insurance policy (‘New Policy’) between 20 March and 18 June 2023 inclusive (the ‘Promotional Period’) and who meets the Eligibility Criteria below will be entitled to receive the first two months’ of premium payments for free (the ‘Promotion’), subject to and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
4. Application for a New Policy during the Promotional Period is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions apply in addition to terms, conditions and exclusions of the applicable New Policy.
5. Subject to the restrictions below, to be eligible for this Promotion and to be a New Policyholder, the applicant for a New Policy must be a New Zealand resident, aged over 18, and have completed an application in full for a New Policy during the Promotional Period that is subsequently put into force by Chubb Life.
6. Unless otherwise accepted by Chubb Life in writing (in its sole discretion) the Promotion is not available:
a. to applicants for a New Policy who previously held a Southern Cross Life Insurance policy during the three-month period prior to the start of the Promotional Period;
b. to existing Southern Cross Life Insurance policy holders who cancel an existing policy and re-join Southern Cross Life Insurance or who amend an existing Southern Cross Life Insurance policy (for example, by increasing or decreasing their cover) during the Promotional Period.
If Chubb Life does accept any other person for the Promotion, these terms and conditions will apply.
7. It is a New Policyholder’s responsibility to ensure their life insurance application is properly completed either online at www.southerncrosslife.co.nz or over the phone on 0800 000 200 and received by Chubb Life during the Promotional Period. Southern Cross and Chubb Life accept no liability for applications that are incomplete or defective or submitted outside of the Promotional Period.
8. The first two months of premiums are free for New Policyholders who purchase a New Policy. The Promotion is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.
9. The Promotion is not available in conjunction with any other Southern Cross Life Insurance promotion or offer and may only be applied once per New Policyholder during the Promotional Period.
10. This Promotion does not provide any person with any right to offset or to claim any deduction of any kind against Southern Cross or Chubb Life, including but not limited to any premiums or insurance claims.
11. Decisions about accepting an application for a New Policy are solely the responsibility of Chubb Life, and are subject to Chubb Life’s underwriting and assessment criteria. Southern Cross accepts no liability for those decisions.
12. Chubb Life will provide New Policyholders with policy fulfilment documentation within 10 days of Chubb Life’s acceptance of the New Policyholder’s application and Chubb Life’s agreement to issue the New Policy.
13. The new policy fulfilment documents will be sent to the postal address or email supplied by the New Policyholder with their application.
15. For further information on Southern Cross Life Insurance policies or this Promotion go online to www.southerncrosslife.co.nz.
This Promotion is run by Southern Cross Insurance Services Limited, Level 1, 155 Fanshawe Street, Auckland.
Southern Cross Life Insurance is provided and underwritten by Chubb Life Insurance New Zealand Limited (‘Chubb Life’). Chubb Life underwriting criteria, terms, conditions, exclusions and limits apply. For full details of the policy terms and conditions, the policy wording may be downloaded here or call 0800 000 200 for a printed copy.