A great life plan
It's time to make plans for the year ahead, and think about how life can go from good to great.
Protect what's important with Southern Cross Life Insurance.And to help support your plan, for a limited time you'll receive a $50 Prezzy® card when you sign up for a Southern Cross Life Insurance policy!* Plus, if you’re a Southern Cross Health Society member you could also be entitled to:
- 10% off your Southern Cross Life Insurance premium**
- An extra 10% healthy living discount off your Southern Cross Life Insurance premium, if you qualify.
Why Southern Cross Life Insurance?
- Premiums start from as little as $13 a month***
- Southern Cross Life Insurance offers cover up to $1 million
- Accidental Death Cover offered at the time of application
- An early pay out for terminal illness
- Advanced Funeral Benefit of up to $15,000
Have life insurance already?
If you already have life insurance but need a little extra cover, Southern Cross Life Insurance can be your way to top up to make sure you’re covered for the changes that life brings.
*Prezzy® card offer ends 31 March 2018. Prezzy® card will be issued 60 days after original joining date.
** The 10% member discount on premium applies for the duration of your life insurance policy and only while you’re a Southern Cross Health Society member.
*** Minimum premium calculated on minimum base premium of $15 per month less 10%
Terms and conditions for Southern Cross Life Insurance $50 Prezzy Card voucher promotion.
1. Southern Cross Life Insurance is provided and underwritten by Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited (‘Cigna’), and promoted by Southern Cross Medical Care Society (‘Southern Cross’).
2. Any eligible applicant (‘New Policyholder’) who purchases a Southern Cross Life Insurance policy (‘New Policy’) between 20 November 2017 and 31 March 2018 inclusive (the ‘Promotional Period’) and who meets the Eligibility Criteria below will be entitled to one (1) $50.00 (New Zealand dollar) Prezzy Card (the ‘Gift Card’), subject to and in accordance with these terms and conditions.
3. Purchase of the Southern Cross Life Insurance policy during the Promotional Period is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions apply in addition to terms, conditions and exclusions of the applicable Southern Cross Life Insurance policy.
4. Subject to the restrictions below, to be a New Policyholder the applicant for a New Policy must be a New Zealand resident, aged over 18, and have a New Policy during the Promotional Period that is subsequently put into force by Cigna on or before 30 May 2018.
5. To be eligible for the Gift Card the New Policy is to remain in force and paid to-date for 60 days.
6. Unless otherwise accepted by Southern Cross in writing (in its sole discretion) the Gift Card is not available:
a. to applicants for a New Policy who previously held a Southern Cross Life Insurance policy during the three month period prior to the start of the Promotional Period (namely 13 August 2017 – 19 November 2017);
b. to existing Southern Cross Life Insurance policy holders who cancel an existing policy and re-join Southern Cross Life Insurance or who amend an existing Southern Cross Life Insurance Policy (for example, by increasing or decreasing their cover) during the Promotional Period.
If Southern Cross does accept any other person for the Gift Card, these terms and conditions will apply.
7. It is a New Policyholder’s responsibility to ensure their life insurance application is properly completed either online at www.southerncrosslife.co.nz or over the phone on 0800 660 134 and received by Cigna during the Promotional Period.Southern Cross accepts no liability for applications that are incomplete or defective or accepted outside of the Promotion Period.
8. One (1) Gift Card will be available for issue per New Policy. The Gift Card is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.
9. The Gift Card will be issued subject to and in accordance with these terms and conditions and any additional terms and conditions stated on this Gift Card. Each eligible New Policyholder must redeem the Gift Card by its stated expiry date. After this date the Gift Card will no longer be valid.
10. The Gift Card is not available in conjunction with any other Southern Cross Life Insurance promotion or offer and may only be applied for once per New Policyholder during the Promotional Period.
11. This promotion does not provide any person with any right to offset or to claim any deduction of any kind against Southern Cross or Cigna, including but not limited to any premiums or insurance claims.
12. Southern Cross accepts no responsibility or liability of any kind to any person in relation to the Gift Card, including liability for applications for New Policies that are not received, are incomplete, or are accepted by Cigna with an effective date outside of the Promotional Period. Decisions about accepting an application for a New Policy are solely the responsibility of Cigna, and Southern Cross accepts no liability for those decisions.
13. Cigna will post the Gift Card to all New Policyholders within a reasonable period of time following the New Policyholder meeting the eligibility criteria.
14. The Gift Card will be sent to the postal address supplied by the New Policyholder with their application. Southern Cross and Cigna accept no liability for any Gift Card lost by the delivery company or not received due to the supply of incorrect address information.
15. Southern Cross and Cigna accepts no responsibility or liability of any kind to any person in relation to any loss, damage or injury in connection with this promotion and/or the Gift Card.
16. Southern Cross and Cigna’s decision is final with respect to all matters relating to the offer and Gift Card and reserves the right to substitute the Gift Card with a prize of equivalent value at its discretion.
18. For further information on Southern Cross Life Insurance policies or this promotion go online to https://www.southerncrosslife.co.nz/greatlifeplan
19. The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. Facebook is a trademark of Facebook Inc. You understand that you are providing your information to the promoter and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes of conducting the competition/promotion (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing or conducting the Promotion) and for publicity purposes surrounding the Promotion. By entering the Promotion, entrants consent to the use of their information as described.
The current Prezzy® card terms and conditions are also detailed in the document below.
This promotion is run by Southern Cross Medical Care Society, Level 1, EY Building, 2 Takutai Square, Britomart, Auckland.
Southern Cross Life Insurance is provided and underwritten by Cigna Life Insurance New Zealand Limited (‘Cigna’). Cigna underwriting criteria, terms, conditions, exclusions and limits apply. For full details of the policy terms and conditions, the policy wording may be downloaded here or call 0800 000 200 for a printed copy.